$79K for this 2008 427 NASCAR Super Snake, 1 of 202 427’s built, and 1 of 10 in Vista blue. Shelby was supposed to build 427 NASCAR factory cars, but the economy kept that from happening, so the car is even more unique than any run of the mil Super Snake.
This is one special 2008 SHELBY GT500 427 NASCAR SPECIAL EDITION SUPER SNAKE. 427 NASCAR Super Snakes will never be built again.
No problems with the car with a few exceptions. Exchanged the tire and wheel through Roger (apparently the rim has a small crack allowing air to escape). The front carbon fiber spoiler was scraped. A new Super Snake spoiler in the box comes with the car.
Never driven in the winter or rained on. Has been washed only twice. This car started out as an 18 mile brand new GT500 when sent to Carroll’s factory in Vegas, that increases the value because all of the parts taken off are factory new. It is 1 of 202 427’s made, and 1 of 10 in Vista Blue. So, there you have it. It is very rare.
This car has every form of documentation since day one. Every hand written note, e-mail, etc., from the dealership owner who sold me this car, every e-mail from the carrier company who I hired to ship the car and bring it back. Every e-mail from the Vegas folks on the progress of my Snake. Every letter from Ford regarding my car. Every brochure for 2008 for the SS.
To buy a base 2011 GT500 with all the options I have and then Snake it with the options I have, and that doesn’t account for the rare 427 option (that cost was $6K alone), you’re over $100K already.
I knew from a collectability standpoint and break-in standpoint, Snaking the car when brand new was the best way to go. I have never had any problems with the mechanics of this car. The first 500 miles were babied.
I even have the original factory oil filter and the Ford plastic oil containers from the first oil change at 500 miles.
And this car is # 215 SS and 215 427 NASCAR! How many are matched? According to Shelby Registration, only 20 of the 427 NASCARs have the same SS and 427 build number. Only 869 Vista Blue GT500s were built in 2008.
Plus, all the SS and 427 memorabilia that comes with this car is extraordinary. You will need a two car garage just to display the car and all of the artifacts that come with this car.
There are other Super Snakes (not 427s) out there from $69K to $200K, so that gives you an idea of the price range.
With only a tad bit over 1000 miles and always garaged and covered, this car is NEW! It has all of the standard items plus numerous upgrades from the Super Snake and 427 NASCAR packages.
The 427 NASCAR package adds special 427 striping, special Carroll Shelby signature items; a diecast car autographed with Carroll Shelby’s signature, interior 427 logos on the head rests, seats, 427 NASCAR door sills, etc.
I had the SUPER SNAKE Polished Kenne Bell Supercharger upgrade installed which produces 725 hp and 590 ft. lbs. of torque! With this package the upgrades are as follows:
The Super Snake package is available exclusively through Shelby Automobiles at the Shelby Las Vegas Racing Factory.
- Kenne Belle Racing Polished Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 725 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque.
- Polished cooling package upgrade.
- 6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
- Borla performance exhaust system for the 600 horsepower version; JBA manifold and back system for the 725 horsepower option
- Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle
- Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
- Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps.
- Shelby / Baer 6 piston forged front brakes calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors all around
- Front and rear brake cooling ducts
- Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels
- Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops
- Super Snake exclusive striping
- ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear deck lid and 'Super Snake' badges
- Center cluster with Carroll Shelby signature gauges for boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure
- Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components
- Official Shelby CSM dash plate