Though the VIN sequences aren’t very close (143062 for Patti’s and 241861 for Scott’s), they continue to work hard to make them appear as identical as possible down to the smallest detail. Most show visitors comment that they cannot tell the two cars apart, but there subtle visible differences. Scott’s Mach 1 has 315/35-17 tires on AFS 10.5” heritage rims on the back, some blue leather interior accents and larger dimeter exhaust tips. Under the hood, the engines are also identical and appear stock except for the C&L cold air intakes painted to match the exterior. Both cars look very much like the matching 1/18th scale diecast AUTOart model that is part of their trophy display.
The first question show visitors will typically ask is “Which one is faster?”. The primary difference in the cars is that Patti’s has an automatic transmission, one of only 280 made. Scott’s has several performance upgrades, including BBK long tube headers, shorty x-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers with 2½” exhaust , Tremec T-56 Magnum close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission, 4.56:1 limited-slip differential and Ford Racing axle girdle. Scott ran a 12.94 sec ¼ mile at Dallas Dragway. Patti likes to brag about her smooth ride (clutch leg doesn’t get tired), quick trips to the market and better gas mileage.
So far in 2013, they have won awards at:
- White Sands Mustang/Ford Round-Up in Alamogordo, NM
- Texas Bullitt/Mach 1 Shootout in Dallas, TX
- 31st Annual MCA Regional Car Show in Albuquerque, NM
- Car-A-Fair 2013 in Carlsbad, NM
- 31st Annual Mustang Roundup & Car Show in Lubbock, TX
- Stars and Stripes Spectacular 2013 in Tucson, AZ
- Mustang Fest 2013 on Mustang Island, TX
- Los Leones De Mesilla (Mesilla, NM Lion’s Club) 10th Annual Car and Motorcycle Show
They have also recently participated in:
- 64th Annual Fiesta Parade in Truth or Consequences, NM
- Town of Anthony, TX Independence Day Parade
- Rock the Fort Car Show at Fort Bliss, TX
- Commemorative Air Force Airpower Museum Mustang Stampede in Midland, TX
- Casa Ford Mustang Roundup in El Paso, TX
- Borman Autoplex Vendor Appreciation Car Show in Las Cruces, NM
- Mountain High Fly-in and Pine Top Car Show in Ruidoso, NM
- Pep Boys Speed Shop Grande Opening in Las Cruces, NM
- Scottsdale Pavilions Car Show in Scottsdale, AZ
The Cannons are definitely a Mustang family. Scott and his brother still share their 1966 Tahoe Turquoise Mustang coupe they drove in high school.
Their children also have a 2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt Mustang and a 2001 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT.