May 7, 2014 | Dearborn, Mich.
One-of-a-Kind 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years Convertible Being Raffled to Support Multiple Sclerosis
- A single 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years convertible will be produced for raffle, with proceeds supporting multiple sclerosis research
- The Mustang GT being raffled is the only 2015 convertible to be built with a performance pack and select content from the 50 Year Limited Edition fastback
- The winning ticket will be selected in Mustang Alley on Aug. 16, 2014 during the annual Woodward Dream Cruise
“We’re thrilled to be able to work with and help The National MS Society again,” said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president, global product development. “As pleased as we are to be able to help financially with the Society’s No Opportunity Wasted research project, we also feel it’s important to help raise greater awareness of this terrific program. That we’re creating one – and only one – Mustang GT 50 Years convertible for the Society shows how much we respect and support their efforts.”
The car will be among the first regular production 2015 Mustang GT convertibles built this fall. Power comes from a 5.0-liter V8 generating more than 420 horsepower and more than 390 lb.-ft. of torque, paired with a six-speed manual transmission. This will be the only 2015 Mustang convertible built with a special performance pack that includes 19-inch Pirelli P-Zero summer tires, Brembo six-piston painted front brake calipers and a limited-slip differential.
Like the recently announced 50 Year Limited Edition fastback, the convertible features a number of unique elements that distinguish it from other 2015 Mustangs:
- Wimbledon White exterior paint
- Chrome-accented grille with corralled pony emblem
- Chrome accents around the tri-bar taillamp lenses
- Axle spin-finish aluminum instrument panel trim
- Rear decklid badge with “GT 50 Years” identification
- Two-tone cashmere and black leather seats
- Contrasting cashmere stitching on instrument panel, steering wheel, shift boot, door inserts and seats
- Loop-carpet floor mats with cashmere stitching and suede binding
- 19-inch Y-spoke wheels inspired by the chrome steel wheels offered on original Mustang
- Owner’s guide in a leather portfolio with “50 Years” badge on the outside
A limited number of raffle tickets are on sale now and can be purchased through National MS Society, Michigan Chapter and Ford Motor Company, while supplies last. Tickets are $20 each. Ticket requests can be placed online anytime at www.ford4ms.com. Raffle tickets can also be reserved by phone at 800.243.5767 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday.
The winner does not need to be present when the lucky ticket is drawn at the Woodward Dream Cruise. The winner is responsible for title, taxes and registration.