SEVMC typically has children's activities at our regional shows. We carried that through at the MCA National show in Virgina Beach last August. It was very successful. We had three seperate activities: a Mustang remote control corral, a 1/64 scale diecast race track donated by BluTrac and mustangs donated by Greenlight Collectables (we gave away 100 die cast) where kids could race the cars and a Revell snap together model kit area (Revell sells 25 kits for $75 for this very purpose) where parents sat down with their kids and built the models. I would be happy to assit at a National level if you can use me.
Southeastern Virginia Mustang Club
Public Relations Chair
At the January Board meeting i presented the Youth Program thatthe MCA is going to use to get more young mustang owners and enthusiast to join the Mustang to help make sure it is here for another 35+ years and to make sure that the mustang is going to be around for another 50+ years. Below find the programs that we will be using to get this completed. More information will be in the March issue of the mustang Times.
- The Colt Membership
- The Young Patroit Membership
- A Model Building Contest
- Parent Child Garage
The Colt membership be the stepping stone to help grow the membership and to make sure the MCA is continue to grow.
-Two age groups
- 8 and younger
- 9 to 13
- 14 to 18
-Must be a Mustang enthusiast
- Get an understanding of the Mustang hobby
- Preserve the future of the hobby and the Mustang
- Take the MCA to next level
- Quarterly newsletter
- Custom designed decal and membership card
- Ability to participate in on-line discussions
- Learn the ways of the MCA
Young Patroit Membership - geared to the young men and women that are in our armed forces (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard), as well as ROTC (high school and college). This allow these individuals who give up thier time to fight for our freedom a chance to participate in the MCA.
- Must be serving in one of military branches
- 15 to 25 years of age
- Mustang entusiast
- ability to participate in on-line discussions
- ability to participate in on-line car showsuil
- communicate with other MCA mebers and board of directors
- quarterly newsletter
- custom designed decal and membership card
- preserve the future of the hobby and mustang
- learn the ways of the MCA
Model Building Contest - this will enable those with creative ideas to have them expressed through their model instead of a car. This will include metal and plastic models and pine wood car derby cars as well.
- parent or model participant must be an MCA member
- must a mustang model
- can be any year and model
- will be judged on: originality, workmanship, quality
- will be judged by popular vote
- Parent Child Garage - this is will be a section on the website and in the Mustang Times that the parent child teams that are restoring a Mustang tell their story. This can be a stock, resto-mod or cool daily driver. This can be any year and model Mustang. Progress pictures and updates are highly encouraged so the Mustang world can see the progress. This will hopefully energize other parent child teams to post their story.
- parent child team (can be mom/son, dad/son, mom/daughter, dad/daughter, grandfather/grandson, etc)
- story on how they decided on the build
- story on how they acquired the mustang
- must be a mustang
- progress pictures must be submitted
- build the parent child relationship
- energize other parent child teams to take a build
- build the understanding of the mustang and the importance of the hobby
- carry on the enthusiasma of the hobby
These programs will not only benefit the younger individuals but also the MCA.
There will be more details and examples of what we are looking for in the March issue Mustang Times. If there are any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact me and we can discuss this in more deatil.
Ummm..... thats 3 age groups......
Originally Posted by TooSlowGT
And... Well looks like I missed out. Ill be 19 in spring and Already finished my restoration. Sounds like a good program though.
Kieth when and where is the next BOD meeting? Bobby great activities for the youth! Chris look forward to talking to you about these programs and how they could be implemented to the regional clubs. Our club(North East Texas Mustang club) has three high school students from different high schools they have wanted to do car shows at each others schools. This could be something that could catch on at a national level......
The next MCA Board Meeting is in Dallas on 4-30-2011
Should be some addtional details on the MCA Site later. Nothing i could find really quick\
Chris when are these programs going to launch? I think the age groups could be adjusted in the colt program from 14 - 18 to 15 -18 and in the patriot program from 15 - 25 to 17 - 25, just a thought. How will these programs be inroduced to reach the regional club level? Thanks for you hard work! The youth will be the ones who ensure that our hobby stay's alive...
The program sounds very good, we need more younger people in the club!!! Even in our local clubs we have not seen the young generation stick around much but that has changed due to more driving events being done....
We are working on getting the information put up on the website. there will be an article that will be running in the Mustang Times that explains the program. We will also be doing an email blast to all of the regional directors to start pushing this out to the regional clubs. We also are going to have a tri-fold brochure designed to hand out at MCA shows, regional shows and other events. If any one wants more information to discuss the program in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.
Chris our show is May 14th we would like to be able to get some of the tri-fold brochures if possible. Already contacted Sema take a child to a car show program, they gave us some information to put in the goody bags. working on some other ideas for our show so the whole family will have a great experience. Thanks! and keep up the good work!