I just purchased a 1966 Fastback and would like to enter it in the Grand Nationals in Sept. But, I have never attended one of these shows before and don't know how they work, as far as logistics.
I would be driving the 66 to the show, so it will be my only available car, at the show. Some questions:
1) Is the car required to be on display all day? Yes
2) At the end of the day, the car is removed from the show area and driven back to the hotel? Yes
3) What is the security at the participating hotels for show cars? Hotel security only
4) Is there a schedule for when the judging is done? Will I know which day/time my car has to be available for judging? (I don't want to be by my car all day - I want to enjoy the event also.) Judging is done the afternoon of the second day, there is no schedule as to when your car will be judged. Every attempt will be made to have you at your car, but if you cannot be there, most drivers leave their trunks and hoods open and the doors unlocked. If you're not comfortable with this, then you will need to remain with your car on the day of judging.
5) Is there some document that I can access that has all this type information? The show Web site doesn't seem to have this information. If you have questions that I have not answered, feel free to contact the host club.
6) Are there shuttle buses to the hotels, in case I want to go to the hotel and let my car on display? Normally there are no shuttles from the show site to the hotels.
Hopefully this will answer your questions.