See other thread . . .
I am really excited about attending my first MCA event . I have a 2008 Shelby GT500KR and I do have a few questions:
1) What Division can I enter? It seems I have 2 options : V or VIII. It's driven to shows/events only but it is a Shelby so I'm confused what Division I would fall into.
2) It is completely stock in every way. However there is a Shelby liscense plate frame on the rear plate and a Shelby fuse box cover on. Does these 2 items need to come off prior to judging?
3) I see "workmanship" is evaluated. What workmanship? of Shelby? of me? The car is 100% stock so I bit confused.
4) Will I be judged against others in my division with louvers,scoops,radiator covers, etc...? The car is exactly as delivered from SAI with the exception of the 2 above items. Will I be "penalized" because the car is stock?
Sorry for so many questions! I just want to be prepared. I am really excited about getting my car judged and want to be prepared.
Any help/tips you can provide I would be most thankful for!
See other thread . . .
Trust me, I drive a Mustang!
MCA Board of Directors, National Director 2012-2013
Gold Card Certified OD/DD National Judge / Classification
Oklahoma Mustang Club Secretary
Hey there, hopefully I can help answer a few of these questions for you.
1) You will want to go with Division VIII SPD which follows the same rules as the Occasional Driven class
2) You can leave these on without getting any point deductions. Cars in these classes will not be judged on authenticity.
3) For this you need not worry about since you haven't done any modifications. As long as you detail and clean the car well and it is in good condition you will do great.
4) Yes, in this class you will be judged against others in your division even the ones with slight modifications like you listed. However, you will certainly not be penalized because yours is stock. In matter of fact if anything you would have a slight advantage since they will have to worry about workmanship on some of the modifications and you won't.
Here are a few tips since this is your first show:
1) Have a MCA decal (that bonus point can really make a difference!)
2) Bring a fire extinguisher
3) Print out the judging rules for Occasional Driven class and make sure all the areas listed are clean
4) Send in for your judging sheet after the show (instructions will be on the back of your dash plaque)
5) HAVE FUN!
Certified 4th and 5th Generation National Judge
2008 Grabber Orange Mustang, 2001 Laser Red Mustang
Past Cars: 1990 Bright Red LX Mustang
Thanks GrabberMustang! Looking forward to my first event!
Last edited by aroth28; June 22, 2011 at 11:17 AM.