At the January Board meeting i presented the Youth Program thatthe MCA is going to use to get more young mustang owners and enthusiast to join the Mustang to help make sure it is here for another 35+ years and to make sure that the mustang is going to be around for another 50+ years. Below find the programs that we will be using to get this completed. More information will be in the March issue of the mustang Times.
- The Colt Membership
- The Young Patroit Membership
- A Model Building Contest
- Parent Child Garage
The Colt membership be the stepping stone to help grow the membership and to make sure the MCA is continue to grow.
-Two age groups
- 8 and younger
- 9 to 13
- 14 to 18
-Must be a Mustang enthusiast
- Get an understanding of the Mustang hobby
- Preserve the future of the hobby and the Mustang
- Take the MCA to next level
- Quarterly newsletter
- Custom designed decal and membership card
- Ability to participate in on-line discussions
- Learn the ways of the MCA
Young Patroit Membership - geared to the young men and women that are in our armed forces (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard), as well as ROTC (high school and college). This allow these individuals who give up thier time to fight for our freedom a chance to participate in the MCA.
- Must be serving in one of military branches
- 15 to 25 years of age
- Mustang entusiast
- ability to participate in on-line discussions
- ability to participate in on-line car showsuil
- communicate with other MCA mebers and board of directors
- quarterly newsletter
- custom designed decal and membership card
- preserve the future of the hobby and mustang
- learn the ways of the MCA
Model Building Contest - this will enable those with creative ideas to have them expressed through their model instead of a car. This will include metal and plastic models and pine wood car derby cars as well.
- parent or model participant must be an MCA member
- must a mustang model
- can be any year and model
- will be judged on: originality, workmanship, quality
- will be judged by popular vote
- Parent Child Garage - this is will be a section on the website and in the Mustang Times that the parent child teams that are restoring a Mustang tell their story. This can be a stock, resto-mod or cool daily driver. This can be any year and model Mustang. Progress pictures and updates are highly encouraged so the Mustang world can see the progress. This will hopefully energize other parent child teams to post their story.
- parent child team (can be mom/son, dad/son, mom/daughter, dad/daughter, grandfather/grandson, etc)
- story on how they decided on the build
- story on how they acquired the mustang
- must be a mustang
- progress pictures must be submitted
- build the parent child relationship
- energize other parent child teams to take a build
- build the understanding of the mustang and the importance of the hobby
- carry on the enthusiasma of the hobby
These programs will not only benefit the younger individuals but also the MCA.
There will be more details and examples of what we are looking for in the March issue Mustang Times. If there are any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact me and we can discuss this in more deatil.